Friday, January 14, 2011

To Kill A Mockingbird Journal 1


My name is Jean Louise Finch, but they all call me Scout. My brother, Jeremy Finch, spend time with me to pass along the boring life in the sleepy Alabama town of Maycomb, and life became unusual but interesting in one summer when Charles Baker Harris, we called him Dill, came to live temporarily with his aunt Miss Rachel Haverford for the summer. Dill, who comes from Meridian, is small at his age, but he has a funny and unique character which makes it very easy to make friend with. We were playing everywhere, and we were trying to see the mysterious man in Maycomb, Boo Radley. Time always travels a lot faster than I expect when I was having unlimited fun, but Dill has to leave, and I felt a little disappointed. As soon as I start back my original life, I found out that school is starting soon. School is always attracting me, but my knowledge of school stops at the courtyard prior when I used Jem’s telescope to see what school is like.

The first day of school was a disaster is the last thing I want to say today. Our teacher, Ms.Caroline, is new to Maycomb and knows nothing about teaching, but Jem told me that it is a new system of teaching. Ms.Caroline has no idea of the families in Maycomb, and even blamed me for knowing how to read. I didn't even learn how to read. Life is unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment