Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To Kill A Mockingbird Journal 11


Summer went away and that meant Dill went away few days ago. Bob Ewell, a big trash, was bothering all the people that made him embarrassed. Atticus, Judge Taylor, and Helen Robinson were all on his list. Even Jem and I were on his little revenge list. The night of Halloween, I dressed in a Ham costume and went to the school with Jem. That night was extremely dark; there were no moon but full of clouds. We slowly walked towards the school, and were successfully scared by Cecil Jacob. It was fun in the night and soon the school is closing down. Dressed in my Ham costume, Jem and I slowly were heading home. It was even darker at this late. We heard someone’s foot steps behind us and thought it was Jacob who scared us once. I yelled to him, but he didn't answer me. Jem soon found out that danger is approaching us.
“Run” Jem suddenly yelled to me.
I heard him clearly but in my Ham costume, I was soon tripped by something and fell on the ground. I couldn't see anything when I got up, the only thing I could hear was random sound coming from Jem and another man’s voice. Soon, the sound settled and I heard footsteps and shouted to Jem, but he didn't answer me. I tripled and found home and found a man carried Jem into the house. Aunt Alexandra came out, looks anxious, she asked me if I am okay. I said yes and asked her what happened to Jem. I found Jem lying on the bed and Atticus said that his left arm was broken. I was shocked and found a stranger that I never seen before on the corner of the room. He looked pale and skinny. After settled Jem down, Atticus gathered us in the living room and told me what had happened. I told him all I know, but there wasn't a lot of useful information, because it was so dark and I couldn't see anything. With all the information me and Sheriff gave, we came to a conclusion that Bob Ewell was trying to kill me and Jem was killed accidentally by himself falling on his knife. Atticus questioned this conclusion, but Sheriff insisted on this conclusion. Sheriff stood up and introduced Arthur Radley to me who was the man standing on the corner of the room. I wasn't that surprised, maybe before Sheriff told me, I already predicted. After the meeting ended, I talked to Boo and walked with home to his house. When I was back, Atticus was reading to Jem. He read to me as well and slowly I felt sleepy and fell asleep.

1 comment: